Software Engineering Lead
Flyt provides the API platform that connects restaurants to delivery partners, ordering platforms, point-of-sale systems and beyond. We enable concepts such as Pay at Table, Delivery, Bar Tabs, Order at Table, Order and Collect, Table Management, Digital Voucher Redemption and Food Ratings for well known UK brands such as Nando’s, Harvester, All-Bar-One, Pizza Express, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Facebook and more.
Did you know our technology powers UK’s Pizza Express’ pay at table experience, and has received over 100,000 downloads? This is just the start.
Flyt is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
We’re scaling up our product engineering function to expand Flyt's core capabilities into new areas of the hospitality industry. We are looking for a new technical lead who will inspire creative thinking from their team to produce a wide range of products with clear architecture, great software and systems design; and isn’t afraid of diving in deep on the details. They will communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the agile software processes ensuring we are continuously delivering value.
- To work in close collaboration between our partners and their internal stakeholders to map and provide solutions for key business concepts into workable technical solutions against our core API platform.
- Iteratively deliver great technical solutions to meet the requirements of user stories defined closely with our partners.
- To grow, shape and lead a diverse, distributed, yet collaborative agile engineering team that is able to add value to both ours and our enterprise clients platform.
- To become a subject matter expert in the domain of hospitality, understanding how to connect our partners' systems and other integration points into our unified core platform.
Working with us
We’re confident you’ll love working here if:
- You enjoy inspiring your team.
- You are eager to drop into the heart of our enterprise client’s world, drive deep technical discussions and design solutions and architectures which align with our products.
- You want and desire responsibility and accountability for the delivery of your team.
- You’re great at leading and mentoring a team of 4-6 (engineers and QA)
- You drive for deep technical discussions within the team and our enterprise clients that result in outcomes and purpose.
- You want to get into the trenches with a collaborative team and are passionate about shipping business value
- You want to shape architecture and deliver innovative software products.
- You understand that well-tested code is critical for maintaining high team velocity
- You believe in operational visibility, settings the standards for application instrumentation
- You like to openly communicate, be willing to listen and give and receive continuous feedback
- You understand how to build great service-oriented architecture and the benefits of taking a microservices approach to development.
- Stage 1 (20 minutes): Initial phone call with the CTO
- Stage 2 (2-3 hours): Onsite technical assessment (problem-solving (coding); data modelling (data design); systems thinking (architecture)) with other Leads & CTO
- Stage 3 (1 hour - optional): Meet the wider team.
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Pool
- Life Assurance
- A great working environment, regular office events and a culture of creating unique experiences for our employees
- The equipment you need to get the job done
- The training you need to help you level-up (up to £1,000/y)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning USA, UK, Bulgaria, Poland.
- Pension - 3% matched to 5%
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme – www.cyclescheme.co.uk
Take a look at our Instagram account to get an insight into our day to day life.
We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don’t discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by the Equality Act 2010.