Application Support Engineer
Flyt provides the API platform that connects restaurants to delivery partners, ordering platforms, point-of-sale systems and beyond. We enable concepts such as Pay at Table, Delivery, Bar Tabs, Order at Table, Click and Collect, Table Management brands such as KFC, Papa Johns, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Delivery and so many more.
Did you know our technology powers UK’s Pizza Express’ pay at table experience, and has received over 100,000 downloads? This is just the start.
Flyt is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
We are looking for Application Support Software Engineers to join our Professional Services Unit helping our Customer Success and Account Management team deliver outstanding support and feature additions to our core product line.
You do not need to be an expert in any of the points below, we’re just looking for bright and capable Engineers who can help solve problems and are willing to pick up new technology stacks and paradigms to keep our product line running smoothly.
- Provide first and second line full-stack engineering support for applications built with PHP, Go and NodeJS/TypeScript
- Liaise with our Customer Success and Service Desk operations, ensuring that customer SLA’s and overall service delivery is upheld
- To triage and perform forensic analysis on problems using a variety of logging tools like Kibana, Paper trail and beyond
- Leverage the experience of Lead and Senior developers to help build your knowledge base of the products you are supporting
- To be available on call 24x7 (pager, shift pattern, with a quarterly bonus for maintaining and upholding reliable software) on a 1-2 hour response time
- PHP is essential and a desire to learn, pick-up and get involved with TypeScript and Go is a requirement
- Data Analysis skills using SQL, various spreadsheets and log analysis tools
- You will have a good grasp of the Unix command line
Working with us
We’re confident you’ll love working here if:
- You want to get into the trenches with a collaborative team
- You like to obsess over ensuring that the code written by the team you are part of is well tested, clean, hygienic and performant
- You want to get involved in operational visibility, helping to instrument software so we know how the platforms are behaving
- You can finish what you start, and that good enough and finished trumps perfect, not done.
- You continually seek to develop and improve personally and constantly push outside of your comfort zone
- You like to openly communicate, be willing to listen to peers and give and receive continuous feedback
- All the above
- Fluent in written and spoken English