Technical Product Manager
At Flyt, we believe that the way venues (serving food & drinks) acquire customers is perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists. Users have moved on to apps on their phones, home delivery services, and will soon tap into some real crazy possibilities with technology. The good folks at Venues know it's absolutely possible to get customers this way, but installing tech and using it takes months, if not years to get setup and running. And, that's not what they do. It's broken. We must fix it.
We are building - what we call - "The Hub", a universal integration platform for the hospitality industry, that seamlessly connects venues serving food and drinks to the 1000s of apps that customers love, all through One Universal Award Winning API. From that, we will build the second act of our vision - a marketplace - where services and venues get to work together, in minutes not months, so installing technology is made easy. So they both get more customers.
We work with leading hospitality operators and consumer platforms including Nando’s, Mitchells and Butlers, PizzaExpress, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Facebook and more - to enable solutions in thousands of venues across the UK (and soon, the US).
How you can contribute
We’re looking for great Product Managers, which love working in cross-functional teams and have a geeky passion for technical products.
What we’re looking for
- Your heart is in enterprise products that move lightening fast. Some of the UKs biggest food & drink businesses run on our software. So this is serious stuff. We ship tens of features weekly behind feature flags, take care to version our APIs and document changes carefully, and insist in great communication to all of our lovely snowflake customers. It’s their business, we’re just here to help them out.
- You’ve been talking to customers, a lot. You'll be in front of customers every week. We use a collection of tools (JTBD interviews, RATs, MVPs) but you’re welcome to bring your battle tested favourites into the team.
- Your secret crush is Engineering. We’re looking for someone that's just technical enough, but not at the expense of doing a great job on the business and product design aspect of product management. You’ll be talking to both developers, as well as business. A good knowledge of REST, what makes good API design and the ability to explain how two or more systems communicate in the internet of today is important.
- The cross-functional team at your last job absolutely loved you. All of your work at Flyt will be done as part of a cross-functional team (with a shared data function). Those folks will expect you to include them in most aspects of both discovery and delivery, and - word of warning - they love hanging out and you’ll most likely end up being close friends.
- You’re the one “everyone asks” to come help facilitate and get things done. Most of the time you’ll have a sharpie and a pack of post-its in your hand. If that fails, you’ll be within arms length of a whiteboard. Day to day, at Flyt, you’ll be nudging along on group discussions, helping teams think through tough problems, pushing boring meetings for real outcomes, and constantly working out making sure everyone has the same picture in their minds.
You’ll be part of
- The Core Product (Hub) team (with a team of 6 dedicated developers, some of them working remotely)
Everyday looks like
- Talking to customers every week, and sharing insight
- Creating a product roadmap for your product area
- Building and validating new product improvements with customers
- Competitor analysis and market research for new product improvements
- Working with your team to develop user-stories
- Planning with your team the next product increment
- Reporting back to the VP of Product on roadmap, progress, insights, metrics
- Showing your work in weekly demos with the team
This team is currently working on the following goals
- Introduce new universal API domains and integrations (currently we have universal APIs for ordering, menus, payments, locations, customers)
- Keep the healthy operation of existing customers in live services
- Reduce the total cost of operation
- Work on the commercialisation of the Enterprise Hub
- A strong technical understanding, comfortable talking to software engineers and passionate about how technology can improve operations.
- Proven experience of product managing within a B2B* B2B2C SaaS product
- Super analytical, curious about data and its insights and how to use this for product engineering.
- Ideally a knowledge of the restaurant sector or a passion for it!
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Working in a fast growing company with global expansion plans.
- Flexible working hours and a work from home policy as appropriate.
- Personal MacBook Pro (to setup the way you work best) and Mobile Phone.
- Cycle to work scheme – www.cyclescheme.co.uk.
- Collaborative approach and receptive audience to new ways of working.
- A great working environment.
Take a look at our Instagram account to get an insight into our day to day life.
We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don’t discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by the Equality Act 2010.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!