Remote Technical Project Manager - UK Based Only
Flyt is a technology platform designed to help the world’s top food delivery companies to work with the largest restaurant partners seamlessly. If you have ordered food through any of the major delivery partners you would have touched our technology with us being the technical backbone for these partners.
Today, we’re a global company, with our technology being deployed across Europe, North America and Australia, and with team members in six countries. Yet we’re still human-scale: we’re a company where everyone can get to know everyone, and are structured to ensure every multidisciplinary team has a strong sense of community, and complete autonomy on how to hit their goals.
Flyt is organised in small, cross functional autonomous teams, we call squads. Each one of our squads owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. Same principles as the spotify model, but customised to what works for us.
- We work with one of the largest restaurant groups in the UK, based in Birmingham and we are looking for a technical project manager to lead ongoing integrations projects with them.
- You will work lead the squad working closely with the technical lead to prioritise the work and be the eyes and ears of the client.
- You will work closely with client product managers to shape and scope integration projects, providing a critical view to ensure they meet immediate client needs and are capable of scaling for other customers.
- You’ll have a clear view of what needs to be completed across all projects before go-live and understand how your individual contribution adds value to what the squad delivers.
- As a critical member of a cross-functional squad, you’ll be results-driven and use your initiative to suggest new ways of working.
We are looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for planning and managing our key customer. You will be based in this clients offices in Birmingham for at least 2 days a week, where you will immerse yourself in their team, giving them support to make things happen fast. You can also work from home from the other days, and come into London to our main office when required. You will spend time with industry partners, such as online marketplaces, with which we are integrating. Some of your squad is based in Europe and you will travel there at times to work closely with the squad as well. Your main focus will be solving customer problems. This means rolling up your sleeves and making things happen, whilst identifying key themes that will drive continuous product improvement and ensuring we deliver a consistently awesome experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- You will build an understanding of our technology and how it delivers value as a service to our customers.
- You will define and set project plans and timelines to ensure a successful roll out of our technology to customers.
- You’ll host and broadcast regular customer rollout updates to keep stakeholders in the loop, providing status updates on all deliverables and customer issues (and how they are being actively resolved)
- You’ll maintain a level of excellence in regards to project management.
- You’ll do everything you can to bring efficiency to solving customers problems, that could mean building custom tools, presentations, webinars, templates, diagrams - really, anything that helps a customer (or you) not have to do the same thing twice. If you have to solve the same thing twice, you will work to avoid doing it again.
What you’ll bring to the team
- You are someone who obsesses about making things better and you know how to use data to inform decision making.
- You can demonstrate excellent project management skills.
- You have some technical knowledge and can understand and do basic requests to APIs.
- You have worked across project scope definition, planning, communication, risk management, issue tracking.
- You’ll need excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language
- You’re a true ‘Do-er’ with a bias for solution-focused action
- You’ll have stellar organisation and follow-through
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- £50,000 - £80,000
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Working in a fast growing company growing globally.
- Flexible working hours and a work from home policy as appropriate.
- Personal MacBook Pro (to setup the way you work best) and Mobile Phone.
- Collaborative approach and receptive audience to new ways of working.
Take a look at our Instagram account to get an insight into our day to day life.